Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Salar de UyuniAfter New Years and an evening of music and drinks in Pablo’s Sucre flat, Kevin and I headed south to Uyuni, the launching town of the salt flats and southwestern Bolivia jeep tours. We did a twenty minute pit stop in Potosi where we played some Fuse ball (check out Kevin’s Flickr). The 3 day-3 night jeep tour including meals and simple accommodation ($70 US) was the most amazing travel experience of my life. The beauty was relentless and so diverse. It was amazing and a must see in everyone's travel plans. I don’t understand why Toyota hasn’t made a Land Cruiser Bolivia commercial. The price is so cheap it’s disgusting. Unfortunately I did get ill the first night, but it did give me some time for emotions and stress to ooze out. Our room was right next to the bathroom and the antibodies came in handy. By the next day I was OK for travel (very critical for a tour which is mostly 4x4 driving). The word with backpackers is that as soon as you cross the border into Bolivia it is pretty certain you will get sick. The trip was surreal and hence here are some magical snap shots as a preview to the photos you will find on my Flickr.

No comments: